Photo special to Design & Living Magazine
By Dustin Murray, Dustin Murray Construction, HBA of F-M President
Do you ever drive by a home day-after-day that’s being remodeled in your neighborhood and wish you could go inside? You can! Home Builders Association of F-M has an event dedicated to home facelifts called the Remodeled Home Tour Oct. 6-7. It runs in conjunction with the Fall Parade of Homes’ second weekend, and allows local residents to tour renovated homes from noon – 5 p.m. both dates.
Something special about this year’s Remodeled Home Tour is it includes two featured remodel projects. These are extensive remodels with a value of at least $200,000. The cost to tour both projects is $5 with proceeds donated to Home Builders Care of F-M Foundation, our charity supporting local housing projects and scholarships.
- Woodland Estates in Horace This project was done by Benjamin Custom Homes, bringing a traditional and dark 1999 two-story home into a bright mix of transitional and contemporary flair that fits its owners. You will be inspired by the HGTV-like updates in its kitchen, dining room, living room, foyer, mudroom, den and stairway.
- Horace Mann in Fargo This 1937 home underwent an extensive basement remodel by Floor To Ceiling Carpet One. Owners added a laundry room, master bath and living area, transforming it into a stylish and modern space with many amenities unknown to its original era.
We know that some of you love your homes and neighborhoods, want all the bells and whistles of a newer home, but don’t necessarily want to move. The five homes on this year’s Remodeled Home Tour will lend ideas on expanding or updating your home. You’ll get an inside look at how older homes can be transformed in a beautiful way, plus many of these contractors can offer expertise on increasing energy efficiency and outdoor curb appeal.
Know When You Go:
- Fall Parade of Homes, Sept. 29-30 and Oct. 6-7, includes 54 newly constructed homes.
- Remodeled Home Tour, Sept. 6-7 only, features five renovation projects, including the two Featured Remodel Projects.
- Hours are noon – 5 p.m. each day.
- Admission is free except for the two Featured Remodel Projects which cost $5.
- Find more information at paradefm.com or pick up event magazines at Hornbacher’s beginning Sept. 24.
Dustin Murray founded his business, Dustin Murray Construction, six years ago. He specializes in remodeling, new construction framing and finish work. Murray and his wife have two children and live in West Fargo.
HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION OF FM
The Home Builders Association of Fargo-Moorhead promotes an environment in which members and their businesses can prosper.